Closed Loop Energy Modeling
Central to this philosophy is the use of disciplined measurement-based methods to quickly calibrate design phase energy models with monitored post-occupancy operation and weather data. We believe this process will better inform building stakeholders, improve future design decisions and provide a credible, marketable statement on actual building performance.
We anticipate the following stakeholders will find the most value in closing the energy modeling loop:
- Owners or magagers of existing buildings seeking to optimize building performance an reduce energy costs
- Developers of high-performance buildings that want to provide a credible statement on energy savings
- Manufacturers of new energy efficiency technologies that want to clearly demonstrate the impacts of their products
- Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) and their clients to verify the impacts of renovations and upgrades
- Energy measurement and verification (EM&V) service providers for utility efficiency programs
360 Analytics was founded to provide top-notch energy modeling services and to develop new software tools and building measurement methods to make Closed Loop Energy Modeling cost-effective and integral to the building process. As building monitoring systems and energy modeling technologies mature, Closed Loop Energy Modeling may be implemented in real-time with applications for prediction of demand response impacts, on-line monitoring and diagnostics of building systems, or informational displays for lobbies and web access.